03 Aug 2016 | 10.54 am
Can SiteMinder Improve Your Hotel Business?
Aussie company has multilingual sales role vacancies in Galway
03 Aug 2016 | 10.54 am
Aussie tech start SiteMinder has landed in Galway, with a new office where up to 100 people will be employed supporting the company’s customer base in Europe.
SiteMinder was founded in 2006 by CEO Mike Ford (pictured) and CTO Mike Rogers. Having proved its worth in Australia, the company set up a London office in 2010, and in 2012 it received $5 million in venture capital funding.
In 2014, the company raised $30 million in venture capital funding from Technology Crossover Ventures in Silicon Valley. In 2015 SiteMinder acquired peer company Globekey, which had a niche in taking hotel reservations via social media.
SiteMinder’s products include
• The Channel Manager, an online distribution platform
• The Booking Button, which allows hotels to receive online reservations directly through their websites. This includes the ability for potential guests to check for room availability and cost before proceeding with making an official reservation. The system is commission-free.
• Canvas, a website creator for independent hotelier.
• Prophet, a real-time market intelligence solution that takes the guesswork out of pricing rooms.
• GDS by SiteMinder, a single-point of entry to a six-figure network of travel agents and the world’s major GDSs.
The company says it now has in excess of 20,000 hotel customers and 400 of the industry’s top connectivity providers as partners. SiteMinder’s customer base in Ireland includes Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, K Club, the Connacht Hotel and the g Hotel and Spa.
Dai Williams, managing director EMEA at SiteMinder, based in London, commented: “We provide terrific career opportunities for people who are passionate about technology and can benefit from an attractive lifestyle and work-life balance.”
Most of the roles in Galway will be related to multilingual sales and customer support.
Williams added that SiteMinder is now actively recruiting graduate sales representatives s well as experienced customer training and support analysts. Interested applicants are invited to learn more and apply at siteminder.com/careers.